The HARD-20 is a unique 20-Man Life Raft System, designed to give total protection of onboard life raft and rigged for air drop capability, enabling the aircrew to use the raft for rescue of others in the water. The concept was initially designed with the US Special Forces 160th SOAR(A) on board MH-47 Chinhook configuations, however the HARD raft can be easily modified for other commercial applications. The hard shell canister features a unique bulkhead Mount/Release System, enabling deployment by one-person with single point release.Features:
- RUGGED Polyethylene Canister - The canister is constructed of impact resistant thermo formed polyethylene, and features ribbed construction, heavy wall aluminum valance with dust seal, 2 heavy duty black spring bail handles, built in wheels, interior rigid foam set with coutout for life raft, resulting in an extremely rugged case for transporting the Life raft.Canister Dimensions: 34" x 10" x 25"
- LIFE RAFT- The system can accomodate most style Life Rafts, up to 20 person capacity, vacuum packaged for long term cycle & reduced maintenance cycle. US military applications include Mil-Spec rafts. Commercial applications include FAA approved raft.
- STATIC DEPLOYMENT SYSTEM - The system incorporates a 20 ft. Static Line for purpose of Static Air Drop from helicopter. The Static Line "slug" is uniquely stowed inside the Case, eliminating line foul up.
- MANUAL INFLATION- Located on the end of the raft is a Manual Inflation Handle, permitting direct inflation of the Life Raft. A safety strap enclosure pocket prevents inadvertent inflation.
- Life raft, up to 20-Man capacity
- Overall outside dimension: 34" L x 10" W x 20" H
- Capable of airdrop from helicopter to persons in water from altitude of 30' to 100'.
- Capable of deployment by one-person via single point release.
- Overall weight not to exceed 110 lbs. (Life raft size dependent)
- Easily transported by 1 or 2 persons.
- Life Raft is protected from exposure to foreign matter, abrasions & punctures.
- Overall packed volume significantly reduced from existing 20-person life raft configuration.
- Life Raft Environmentally Packaged to decrease Maintenance cycles & maintenance costs.
- Life Raft can be removed/installed in Aircraft without the use of special tools, by
- Life Raft suspension system will withstand a 30-G load force on all axis: Vertical, Horizontal & Lateral.
- Life Raft will store in rear station location of CH-47 without degrading performance of aircraft operation or completion of mission requirements.
- Installation on Aircraft will not adversely affect Weight & Balance.
- Life Raft Canister clearly marked for proper identification.
- Life Raft Canister finished to maximize or minimize visibility as required.
- Life Raft Canister markings clearly identify how to operate the raft for manual deployment.